- Ideal for: Masters students
- Project type: Unpaid Internship Project
- Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Duration: 3-6 month commitment.
- Start date: From August 15 2019 onwards you can join at any time, depending upon availability
- Working hours: Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM
- Reporting to: Director and Founder
- Masters in Marketing or a related field
- Native English speaker
- A sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and witty communication
- Demonstrable experience in marketing together with the potential and attitude required to learn
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement based applications
- Able to financially support yourself throughout the duration of the internship
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- An open and inquisitive attitude. We are a start-up, so you’ll likely end up doing work every now and then that has nothing to do with marketing or communication.
- Flexibility and humor. This is Cambodia, nothing happens as planned. So we need someone who can roll with the punches and see the fun in experiences that sometimes come disguised as frustrating events…!
- Independent worker. You will get the guidance you want and need, but we will gladly give you the space to do your work independently.
- Copy of relevant qualifications
- Reference letter
- Copy of passport
- Necessary vaccinations
- Necessary flight & visas
- Full travel & medical insurance
- Help analyze the organization marketing and branding strategies
- Scout market, competitor and trend analysis
- Advise on how to improve the organization brand identity and
- Writing wording and copy of the identified improvements
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
- We will work together to achieve your personal goals for this project, be these work-related experiences, new skills, discovering Siem Reap, the temples and Cambodia. We understand that your time in Cambodia is as much about your goals as it is about ours.
- Gain a unique look into the inner workings of a start-up that is slowly moving towards a new phase; developing a new brand and helping it establish itself;
- Understand the challenges of doing business in a developing country;
- Experience the satisfaction of contributing to an organization that positively affects the lives of its employees; and doing all that in a pleasant and fun atmosphere with a team that is really looking forward to your stay here!
Other benefits provided for free by the hosted organization during your staying
- Usage of office desk with WiFi
- Usage of motorbike (automatic Honda Today scooter)
- Reimbursement for cost of visa
- You will work five days a week, office hours, reporting to the Director and Founder.
- The workshop is located in a small traditional wooden Khmer house, surrounded by palm trees.
- It is a shared workshop/office, meaning you are all in the same room with the production team and your manager and can enjoy easy access to each other.
The Host Organization
- This professional volunteer project will place you with a Dutch – Cambodian social manufacturer of woolen indoor footwear and summer shoes.
- The production team consists of 6 Khmer women and is led by a contributing Khmer production manager. The founder/owner is the only foreigner working in the company, together with the volunteer.
- They were established in 2016 out of the desire to set up a business that is both social and profitable; a real-life experiment to develop a model to replace the current fast-fashion garment industry that is plagued by too many wrongs.
- From design to product development and from sourcing to marketing: everything is being done from our Siem Reap based workshop.