Develop your sales and marketing skills by helping a non-profit in Cambodia sell traditional handmade products online. The generated revenues will be reinvested in education for underprivileged girls.
- Suitable for: sales specialist experienced on selling art crafts for international markets
- Project type: Unpaid volunteer position
- Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Duration: Minimum 3 months
- Start date: Project is on-going, and you can join at any time, depending upon availability
- Working hours: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Friday
- Reports to: Founder and Director
- Allowance : Pick up from the airport, free bicycle, visa advice, reference letter
- You will be responsible to promote the sale of a handmade Cambodian scarf, called “Karama” as a company holiday gifts, wedding gifts, or in small events for international markets such as Hong Kong, Australia or the US. The generated revenues will be reinvested in educational activities for the charity.
- Work to find new sales leads
- Generate sales revenue with new and existing clients or donors
- Experiment with a variety of organic acquisition channels
- Minimum 2-year college degree, preferably Masters
- Seniority : minimum two years experience in the position
- Excellent command of the English language
- Demonstrable experience in marketing and sales together with the potential and attitude required to learn
- Have feeling for design, fashion and interested in sustainability/ ethical products
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- Flexibility and spirit of adventure
- Ability to work with people different from you
- Work Ethic
- Note : As the Director is often travelling, this internship is suitable either for independent student or students volunteering in pairs.
- Copy of passport
- Copy of relevant qualifications
- Proof of travel and health insurance
- Vaccination booklet
- Criminal record check
- A unique look into the inner workings of a charity that is slowly moving towards an innovative financially self- sustainable approach
- The satisfaction of contributing to an organization that positively affects the lives of its children;
- …and doing all that in a pleasant and fun atmosphere with a team that is really looking forward to your stay here!
- You will work at the charity premises, in Siem Reap city.
- You will work from Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm with time for a lunch with your co-workers.
- On the weekends, you will be able to enjoy your free time and explore at your leisure, as well as during public holidays.
The Host Organization
- Founded in 2014, the charity is a grassroots, USA registered, non-profit education program , focused on educating less-fortunate children from the Kulen Mountain, a rural area 45 minutes’ drive from Siem Reap, Cambodia.
- They offer free boarding school facilities to selected Cambodian students who have graduated from our two countryside primary schools and are continuing their education at the public secondary school in the City and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of disadvantaged students.