Volunteer Project Brief
- You will be responsible for designing all of the international-audience graphic design collateral – this will include everything from simple fundraising dinner invitations through to multi-piece fundraising packs such as posters, brochures & reports etc.
- Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Duration: Minimum 2 months volunteering
- Start date: ASAP
- Working hours: at least 2 times per week on the organization site
- Allowance: Organic lunch from Monday to Friday, visa guidance, town orientation, volunteer hand books and farewell party
The Graphic Designer will work closely with the Communications Manager. The main role and responsibility is to design and produce graphics, communications and events materials that support the goals of fundraising team, promote awareness of the non for profit and facilitate the organization’s fundraising efforts. They will:
- Plan and design promotional materials, such as posters, cards, brochures, social media. This may include providing mock-ups, drafts and/or presentation of ideas.
- Plan and design layout of key development department communications materials such as reports, newsletters, appreciation cards/letters, policies, information pages etc. This may include providing mock-ups, drafts and/or presentation of ideas.
- Ensure a basic graphics branding package is easily accessible to Communications and Development staff, including logo package and corporate colour codes and guidelines on how to use them.
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- We hope to find someone to join us for at least 2 months.
- The Graphic Designer will report to Communication Manager.
- They will need to have at least 3 years experience in general graphic design in addition to a degree in graphic design.
- They will need to have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- They will need to have an advanced knowledge of English language, but not necessarily be a native speaker.
Other supportive documents required
- Reference letter from at least one previous employer
- Photocopy of qualifications and certificates
- Proof of travel and medical insurance
- Copy of visa
- Criminal record check
- Additional NGO Hospital paperwork if accepted
Personal qualities and attributes to be successful in the project:
- Hard-working and dedicated
- Good communicator and receptive to constructive criticism and suggestions
- Able to work with a team of people who may have different ideas
- Good sense of humour
Make a difference – What impact will you have?
- At the end of the project period, we expect that the volunteer will have produced a range of easy-to-edit templates that will allow organization to continue using your designs by tweaking/updating them so they can be used for new/different audiences.
- This will improve and make processe more efficient than it currently is, since Graphic design has become increasingly important and more problematic because we don’t have the skill set needed.
- The volunteer will mentor and share his/her expertise with the local staff enabling them to improve their skills and confidence
- Organic lunch from monday to friday
- volunteer hand books
- orientation to Siem Reap
- visa advice
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and non for profit in Cambodia
You will volunteer for a legally registered not for profit organization supporting 120 underpriviledged children through education, free healthcare, food and clean drinking water.