Put your passion for sales to good use by helping an environment non-profit organization in Cambodia promote their Nature Discovery Center to prospect customers, in Cambodia and abroad.
- Suitable for: University Students or Master Students
- Project type: Unpaid Educational Internship
- Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Duration: Minimum 3 months
- Start date: Project is on-going, and you can join at any time, depending upon availability
- Working hours: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Friday
- Reports to: Director
- Promote the newly opened Nature Discovery Center to travel agencies, hotels, and tour operators in Siem Reap, Cambodia and internationally.
- Coordinate with these various businesses to help bring in visitors and donations at the Nature Discovery Center.This would likely involve meetings and travel around Siem Reap town
- Coordinate with tour companies and visitors
- Promote and market online with travel websites and tour operators.
- Minimum 2-year college degree, preferably Masters
- Excellent command of the English language
- Knowledge of French is and advantage, because of the large French expat community in Siem Reap
- Demonstrable real interest in marketing and sales together with the potential and attitude required to learn
- Love for nature, conservation and wildlife
- Able to financially support yourself throughout the duration of the internship
- Minimum 3 months
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- Strong listening, communication, presentation and social skills
- Work Ethic
- Autonomous and independent
- Ready to adapt and understand a new culture’s way of thinking and working.
- Copy of relevant qualifications
- Reference letter
- Copy of passport
- Necessary vaccinations
- Necessary flight & visas
- Full travel & medical insurance
An internship in Cambodia can be a greatly rewarding experience
- Learning opportunity– Gain hands-on experience, acquire relevant skills for your future career and learn new ones. You will get exposure to different ways of doing things as in project management, conflict resolution, problem solving, cultural diversity.
- Become a world citizen – Get out and live in another country and will gain insight into a fascinating culture, complex social issues
- Make an impact – You will experience the satisfaction of contributing to an organization that positively affects the lives of local people and communities.
- You will work at the Nature Discovery Center located in Siem Reap town along with local staff and international volunteers.
- Your working hours will be from Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm with time for a lunch with your co-workers.
- On the weekends, you will be able to enjoy your free time and explore at your leisure, as well as during public holidays.
The Host Organization
- The internship project is located at a legally registered environmental education and public awareness nonprofit, based in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
- Their mission is to improve knowledge of and attitudes towards wildlife, raise support for conservation and inspire a love of nature in Cambodia. To do this they work in three main areas t Nature Discovery, Environmental Education and Wildlife Media.
- Through discovery, education and media, they aim to build a new generation of nature lovers and wildlife conservation leaders across Cambodia.