Build your experience in sales and partnership management by helping an education nonprofit find new clients, sponsors and corporate donors to sustain financially their Training Restaurant.
- Suitable for: University Students or Master Students
- Project type: Unpaid Educational Internship
- Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Duration: Minimum 3 months
- Start date: Project is on-going, and you can join at any time, depending upon availability
- Working hours: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Friday
- Reports to: Managing Director
- Conduct in-depth research to identify prospective funding clients, individual sponsors and corporate partners, either in Cambodia and abroad, with specific interest in the nonprofit work in the Training Restaurant.
- Help secure and develop funding partnerships.
- Support with database and archiving improvements to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Provide support on ad hoc projects, administration and other partnership activities, as required.
- Minimum 2-year college degree, preferably Masters
- Excellent command of the English language
- Demonstrable real interest in sales together with the potential and attitude required to learn
- Interest in education and hospitality is an advantage
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and web-based applications
- Able to financially support yourself throughout the duration of the internship
- Minimum 3 months
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- Team work
- Structured and organized
- With strong communications and social skills
- Ready to adapt and understand a new culture’s way of thinking and working.
- Copy of relevant qualifications
- Reference letter
- Copy of passport
- Police background check
- Necessary vaccinations
- Necessary flight & visas
- Full travel & medical insurance
- Pick up from the airport upon arrival
- Free usage of 1 bicycle, bicycle helmet and bicycle lock
- Shared office with air-conditioning and Wi-Fi
- 30% discount at Training restaurant
- Farewell party
An internship in Cambodia can be a greatly rewarding experience
- Learning opportunity– Gain hands-on experience, acquire relevant skills for your future career and learn new ones. You will get exposure to different ways of doing things as in project management, conflict resolution, problem solving, cultural diversity.
- Become a world citizen – Get out and live in another country and will gain insight into a fascinating culture, complex social issues.
- Make an impact – You will experience the satisfaction of contributing to an organization that positively affects the lives of local people and communities
- You will be working at the nonprofit Education Center in Siem Reap town along with local staff and international volunteers.
- Your working hours are from Monday to Friday (from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm) with time for a lunch with your co-workers.
- On the weekends, you will be able to enjoy your free time and explore at your leisure, as well as during public holidays.
The Host Organization
- This internship project is located at legally registered Education nonprofit Organization based in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
- Through their Training Restaurant, established since 2010, they teach unemployed and often uneducated Khmers valuable cooking and hospitality skills and developing their confidence and employment opportunities.
- The money generated from the restaurant goes directly to fund the charity’s school education program.