Are you a communications or copywriter professional, looking for a break from your work, wanting to immersing yourself in a new culture and spending your time in a meaningful way? Volunteer with Professionals doing good and you’ll enjoy free accommodation in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
- Suitable for: Individuals experienced in communications and copywriting
- Project type: Unpaid volunteer position with free accommodation provided
- Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Duration: Minimum 4 weeks, Maximum 12 weeks
- Start date: Project is on-going, and you can join at any time, depending upon availability
- Working hours: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Friday
- Reports to: Founder and CEO
- We are looking for an enthusiastic communications or copywriting specialist to manage our external communications. You will…
- Promote a positive public image help increase awareness and enhance our credibility as a trusted professional international volunteering organization.
- Be responsible for handling on a day to day bases our existing communication strategy across all channels – (e.g. social media, website, annual report , etc) and with our key stakeholders (volunteers, partners , affiliates), the majority of whom are based outside Cambodia.
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Outstanding command of English
- Experience in copywriting , communications , social media
- Minimum two years in the role
- WordPress design, graphic design, photo and video-editing knowledge is a plus
- BSc/BA in communications or relevant field
- Minimum 4 weeks, maximum 12 weeks
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- Flexibility , adaptability, spirit of adventure
- Work ethic
- Humor. This is Cambodia, nothing happens as planned. So we need someone who can roll with the punches and see the fun in experiences that sometimes come disguised as frustrating events…!
- Independence. You will get the guidance you want and need, but we will gladly give you the space to do your work independently.
- Copy of passport
- Copy of relevant qualifications
- Proof of travel and health insurance
- Vaccination booklet
- Professional references from at least one former employer
- Free Accommodation – You will be offered a free stay (single bedroom with indoor bathroom) in a peaceful guest house with tropical garden, included cleaning service, free access to swimming pool, free wifi
- Free Pick up from Siem Reap Airport
- Free usage of bicycle
- Go beyond your comfort zone – You will more than likely get exposure to different ways of doing things, including project management, conflict resolution, problem solving and cultural diversity.
- Become a world citizen – You will gain insight into a fascinating culture, complex social issues and how you can personally influence positive change in the lives of people.
- You will work from Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm with time for two hours lunch break.
- On the weekends, you will be able to enjoy your free time and explore at your leisure, as well as during public holidays.
- You will report to Professionals doing good Managing Director
The Host Organization
- This project is located at Professionals doing good , a grass root social enterprise based in Siem Reap, Cambodia, whose mission is to build capacity by connecting qualified and skilled volunteers with meaningful projects in Cambodia.
- We are solely focused on long term, pre-screened, qualified and experienced volunteers. This makes us pretty unique in the Cambodian environment.
- The skills offered by Professionals doing good volunteers are not typically available for local organizations. We encourage and promote the transfer of volunteers’ professionals skills to the local workforce and the development of broader best practices for the socially conscious organizations served.