Volunteer your multimedia content producing skills and put them at the service of a non-profit, paediatric healthcare centre in the city of Siem Reap, Cambodia.
- Suitable for: Professionals experienced in multimedia and digital content production
- Project type: Unpaid volunteer position
- Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Duration: Minimum 3 months
- Start date: Project is on-going, and you can join at any time, depending upon availability
- Working hours: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Friday
- Reports to: Communications Manager
- Conceptualize impactful ways to tell the story of the health center’ s staff, patients, volunteers and its programmes
- Shoot, produce and edit video, photography, interactive and graphic design projects into narrative storytelling pieces
- Research, interview, write and edit editorial content to support key messages or initiatives for website or social media
- Assist in supporting and mentoring a small team of in-house national communications staff
- Test and track the effectiveness of communications activities, measuring and reporting on the level of engagement with the ultimate goal of increasing support
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in multimedia and digital content production
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Arts, Communication, Photography, Film/Videography, Journalism, or New Media Production
- Proven ability to craft compelling stories through a variety of digital media, producing high quality and engaging content, with experience in journalism and all aspects of photo/video production
- Ability to conduct effective interviews for the purpose of generating meaningful content for stories
- Proficient in applicable software and computer applications, including Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Audition, Photoshop, illustrator, Final Cut, or other editing software
- Excellent oral and written English
- Experience with online platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Experience with WordPress
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- Passion for digital and multimedia storytelling
- Team player with the proven ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and comfortable in a diverse working environment
- Strong project management skills – planning, execution, issue resolution
- Analytical and strategic thinker, while remaining creative
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Copy of passport
- Copy of relevant qualifications
- Proof of travel and health insurance
- Vaccination booklet
- Professional references from at least one former employer
- Criminal Record Checl
- Make an impact – As a professional, your volunteer contribution and skill sharing will assist the hospital by creating , producing, and distributing compelling stories
- Go beyond your comfort zone – You will more than likely get exposure to different ways of doing things, including project management, conflict resolution, problem solving and cultural diversity.
- Become a world citizen – You will gain insight into a fascinating culture, complex social issues and how you can personally influence positive change in the lives of Cambodian people.
- You will work from Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm with time for a lunch with your co-workers.
- On the weekends, you will be able to enjoy your free time and explore at your leisure, as well as during public holidays.
- You will be working with a passionated, multicultural and qualified communication team
The Host Organization
- This project is located at a non-profit, paediatric healthcare organization in Siem Reap, Cambodia.For 20 years, the healthcare center has fulfilled its mission of providing high-quality, compassionate healthcare to children in Cambodia.
- Today, the organization is paving the way for healthcare in the country by providing specialty care and educating the next generation of Cambodian healthcare professionals to international standards, and doing so with exemplary governance.
- In an effort to expand awareness, engage audiences, inspire donation and create ambassadors, the Multimedia Content Producer will bring the health centers narratives to life by conceptualizing, producing, and distributing compelling stories across communications channels in an integrated way.
- The successful applicant will be a passionate and skilled storyteller, possessing a sharp news acumen, strong experience in video and graphic production, and an ability to create meaningful content. He/she should be interested in further developing their skills working for a healthcare NGO in a low-resource setting.