Volunteer your creative writing and craft beautiful quality content for social media to help a social enterprise in Cambodia supporting rural women with a sustainable income
- Suitable for: a skilled and creative writer, experienced in crafting quality content and new marketing ideas for social media and website.
- Project type: Unpaid volunteer position
- Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Duration: Minimum 3 months
- Start date: Project is on-going, and you can join at any time, depending upon availability
- Working hours: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Friday
- Reports to: Director and founder
- Allowance: Pick up from the airport, bicycle, visa advice, reference letter
- Translate brand mission and ethos into thoughtful messaging.
- Write product descriptions, press releases and marketing copy for website, social media, emails, catalogs, ads and more.
- Make sure the company is Search Engine Optimized to maximize inbound sales opportunities
- Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels – content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis, and much more.
- Create quality content (photo, video, visuals/graphic design) and new marketing ideas for social media (Instagram, Facebook) and website suiting their branding and philosophy
- At least two years working experience in the position
- Knowledge of computer programs; Photoshop, illustrator, Indesign, word, excel
- Excellent command of the English language
- Love to create beautiful quality content for social media
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- Flexibility and spirit of adventure
- Enthusiasm and positive energy
- Work Ethic
- Independent worker
- Copy of passport
- Copy of relevant qualifications
- Proof of travel and health insurance
- Vaccination booklet
- Professional references from at least one former employer
- Expand your professional skills –A unique look into the inner workings of a start-up in a developing country that is slowly moving towards a new phase
- Make an impact – As a professional, your volunteer contribution and skill sharing will assist an organization that positively affects the lives of its employees and community of women
- Go beyond your comfort zone – You will more than likely get exposure to different ways of doing things, including project management, conflict resolution, problem solving and cultural diversity.
- Become a world citizen – You will gain insight into a fascinating culture, complex social issues and how you can personally influence positive change in the lives of Cambodian people.
- You will work five days a week, office hours, reporting to the Director and Founder.
- On the weekends, you will be able to enjoy your free time and explore at your leisure, as well as during public holidays.
- Mostly you will work from a café, since the workshop is located 10 km from Siem Reap.
The Host Organization
- Since end 2016, the social enterprise is working closely with 15 rural artisanal women from Krobey Riel village, near Siem Reap, Cambodia and they create quality designed hand-woven rattan products, such as bags and baskets.
- Their goal is to support their team of artisans with a stable and financial future. They do this by providing them a fair income, offering quality level weaving training and a life skills education.
- The social enterprise is currently providing 15 female artisans a fair income. Since the female artisans joined them, their family contribution has increased significantly by 75%. The enterprise intends to bring people closer to each other by introducing Cambodia’s culture and ancient crafts to consumers all over for a more ethical and sustainable world.
- The brand is striving to reach out to the International market and they need your help !