Volunteer Project Brief
- You will be working for a legally registered not for profit organization based in Siem Reap, Cambodia empowering youth through education and free career guidance.
- Ideal for individuals with excellent level of English, knowledge of relevant database software and experience in building databases, statistical analysis and monitoring evaluation for non-profit organizations
- Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Duration: Minimum 2 months volunteering
- Start date: at the soonest
- Working hours: at least 2 times per week on the organization site
- Allowance: Organic lunch from monday to friday, visa guidance, town orientation, volunteer hand books and farewell party
- Reporting to : Program Manager
- Build a database based on organization’s Monitoring and Evaluation plan, collecting data on all indicators
- Build a survey and interview tool based on organization’s Monitoring and Evaluation indicators to be used for an annual survey.
- Generate statistical reports based on the data collected in the database.
- Work with organization’s social worker to build a database to record family and child data, incident reports (referrals, emergency cases, etc.), health information, and history with the organization.
- Build a data collection tool to streamline the way the social worker collects relevant data on families and children.
- Train organization’s program leads in using the database for monitoring and reporting responsibilities.
- Work Experience: minimum 1 years’ work experience building databases and statistical analysis.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation for non-profit organizations, nice to have
- Language Skills: excellent level of English
- Knowledge of relevant database software
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- Open minded and flexible.
- Independent worker. You will get the guidance you want and need, but we will gladly give you the space to do your work independently.
- Flexibility and humor. This is Cambodia, nothing happens as planned. So we need someone who can roll with the punches and see the fun in experiences that sometimes come disguised as frustrating events…!
- References from at least 2 previous employers
- Copy of travel insurance
- Copy of valid visa
You will be able to experience
- a unique look into the inner workings of non for profit organization
- the challenges of doing good in a developing country
- the satisfaction of contributing to an organization that positively affects the lives of children and their families
- and doing all that in a pleasant and fun atmosphere with a team that is really looking forward to your stay here!
Other benefits provided for free by the hosted organization during your staying
- Organic lunch from Monday to Friday
- Orientation to Siem Reap
- Visa advice
- Volunteer handbooks